CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dealing with the Dead

To be frank,i have always believed that something called "ghosts" existed,and in a way was fascinated by them,not that iam not scared..oh yes iam shit scared!But ever since i was a kid,i would always sit and search for more and more "real" stories about ghosts,and their hauntings,though i feared them.I would read scary novels(R.L.Stine was my favourite author then),surf the net about true ghost stories,check out ghastly images of "true ghosts",and at the end of the day,get freaked out,not sleep for nights,but would still sit and read about them next day!(I still do that:D).So after all this,i decided that i shouldn't be the only one getting scared,you people have all the rights to get scared too!:P..and who knows,maybe all the non-believers might start believing in evil spirits and ghosts after readin this post!well,let me share with you,some scary experiences that my relatives and friends had,and also some partially scary experiences I had.



Starting with the earliest knowledge i gained about true ghost hauntings...

1) My maternal uncle had newly rented a huge duplex flat in chennai,and moved in with his family(himself,his wife,their daughter and son).The house was beautiful,and my uncle and his family were totally proud of it.That night,after my cousins fell asleep,my uncle and his wife decided to check out the terrace of the apartments,there being a power cut too,they wanted to breathe in some fresh air.so,they went up,and my uncle was casually taking a glance at the surroundings,and the view from the terrace,when he felt a ball of wind give him a blow from behind.He looked behind,just to find absolutely nothing.he called out to his wife,and reported to her what he had felt,and after a while he just realised that he was being stupid panicking about it.both of them stood there for a while,and when they were just about to leave,both uncle and his wife heard a pleadin voice call out "amma" right behind them.this time they really panicked because,they were the only ones on the terrace,and somebody calling out to them like that,freaked them out.They just ran downstairs,and locked themselves up in their new house,which had already started gettin scary.



A few days later,my aunt got to know through the watch man that a maid who worked in their flat for a family who lived there before,had committed suicide by jumping from that very terrace they had visited the day before.Apparently,she took the extreme step as she could not stand the imprudent torture her mistress was giving her.She jumped from the terrace an died exactly outside my cousins' bedroom window..and their bed lay just against that very window!To my misfortune,i had gone to their house for a couple of days,and i was asked to sleep right next to that window all the nights I stayed there!!!:O.I almost died of fear,but thankfully,nothing unusual had happened.



But unusual things were happening with the watchman and his wife.One day,my uncle went out shopping with his family and came back really late in the night.It must have been around 1am in the morning,my cousin opened da entrance gate,and my uncle was just about to park his car when,he saw the watchman's wife,lyin exactly next to the car parking space,with her hair all let loose,staring right up as if she saw something there,and was humming songs!!naturally the whole family freaked out lookin at her ghastly expression and behaviour.The thing that worried my aunt the most was that,that woman worked as a maid in their house.



Nothing really preposterous happened after that,until one night when when my uncle heard someone furiously poundin on their main door.He woke up frightened,and opened the door,to find the maid(watchman's wife)standing there,looking scared,helpless,with her hair all let loose.Before my uncle could say anything,she just ran inside to one of their two bathrooms,sat on the floor,and just stared at them!her husband came in with some goblet like thing in his hand,sprinkled some kind of water on her,and took her away.Next day,the watchman apologised to my uncle,and confessed that his wife was being possessed by an "evil spirit",and the thing he had sprinkled on her last night was holy water.My uncle and his family didn't live in that house very long.

2) Another story that freaks me out the most is,the house next to my maternal grandparents house.Its haunted.
Only two people lived there apparently,an old lady,with her only son.The son got into bad company an joined the local naxalites(terrorist troop of andhra pradesh),and ran away from home,leaving his mother with no money for food,or clothes.She starved and starved,and died one day.She had died a very lonely death.The day she died,there was a puja being performed at my grandparents' place.That night,my aunt woke up somewhere around 2am,to go to the freshroom.At that time,the bathrooms were situated at the backyard of the house,where my uncles,an grandfather parked their vehicles.My aunt,opened the backyard door,and stepped out.Before she could walk further,she saw the most unusual thing happen.My grandfather's scooter started ferociously shaking!And it was a cloudless and windless night.You can't even blame such behaviour of the scooter on the wind!My aunt panicked and went inside.

Two days later,my grandfather thought he smelled something really bad,and realised it was coming from the house next door.He went into the house,to find the old lady sprawled dead,and a black cat sittin next to her.Then he realised what the fetidness was all about.Her only son heard the news,and only came to burn her pyre.After thet,my grandparents would always warn me and my cousins not to go on to the terrace after sunset.But we curious kids did go one morning.I went,and the only thing I did was peep into that haunted house's backyard,and thats it!that was more than enough to scare me to go onto any other terrace again!The backyard was the shabbiest backyard I had seen.Barren trees all over the place,trash,weeds,dust,broken twigs and what not!the house looked like a shack from behind,and had broken windows.Anyone could conclude that it was haunted having a superficial glance at the house.

And the most weirdest thing was,the front part of the house had two windows directed towards the morning sun,but the house would never let in even a single ray of light inside.The house always looked dark and spooky.There was a barren mango tree right next to that house,which started reproducing fresh leaves,flowers and fruits,after the old lady's death.Sources said her spirit sat under the tree everyday.After a few years,the government officials,got the house broken down.i hav a few more stories to write,but i guess this one post will become unusually long;) so will stop here.I'll write the rest of the stories sometime later as a continuation of this post.
chao!
have a scary day!:P

6 comments:

The Illuminator said...

Wonderful. You missed the haunting episode today!! It ws freaky. Abt a demonic haunting rather than jst a plain spirit!!

Labyrinthine said...

woah!..kewl..ill make sure i dun miss it as usual next time.

Pallavi said...

do me favour..dont rite on dis subject too much!! i dun think i'll read ur blog anymore if u do!

Labyrinthine said...

okie..den ill mail u such stuff!hahahahaha(dat waz an evil laugh!):P

Anonymous said...

DAYUM!!!i didnt even read the whole thing.. i dun want sleepless nights!!!

Labyrinthine said...

@ zahra:
i wrote it specially for people like you!!:P:P